Sunday, March 14, 2010

So far, we're regretting leaving Edinburgh. Glasgow=America. Or at least, what I imagine America looked like early on it the 20th century. Since its on a grid system in the center it really feels like home. Blah! Not what we wanted. Plus we're super tired and are not even sure if we want to go find this excellent pub crawl we've heard about. Also, its a Sunday so we have doubts about its excellence.

The train ride over was awesome sauce. We got on and grabbed a four seater with a table so we could spread out a bit. Some guy holding a huge silver trophy asks if the seat next to me is taken. I invite him to take a seat and after about 2 minutes cannot resist asking what the trophy is for. Apparently he's a runner and came in 2nd at some huge marathon type thing that day. We were impressed and had him explain about his running for awhile. We were even more impressed when he said that the person who came in 1st place was the number 1 male runner in Scotland. Which, I guess, now makes him the 2nd best male runner (if that's not impressive enough he's also studying for his PhD in nuclear physics. Wtf?! )He had stowed the trophy by his feet and I told him that if it was me I would set it on the table and be like "check this shit out, I rock". He laughed and turned to me and said "Yeah, can you move, I need these seats for me and my ego". He was super nice and the train ride flew by as we all talked about places we've been to and places we want to go. He had some suggestions for places we're going and we all geeked out about wanting to go to New Zealand because of Lord of the Rings. Good times.

When we go to the station Em and I hailed a taxi and here we are at the hostel. We ventured forth to the laundrette but that was a fail cause it was closed. I'm simultaneously typing this and googling someplace to go tonight. Definitely not gonna get dolled up and it'll probably be an early night for us.

Tomorrow is Belfast and after all the horror stories we've been told since we got to the UK I'm slightly nervous about going now. If someone asks me what religion I follow, I'm just gonna pretend I can't understand the question. Well, that or buy them a pint and send them on their way. I feel like the second option is better because at least they'll leave with a favorable impression of me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment